Every year I pick a word or theme for the year.
This year my theme is course correction. Maybe it’s because I’ve just had a birthday ;-)
I’ve been thinking about whether I am “on track” to be where I want to be. And, while I don’t think I am off track, there is some trimming and tacking to ensure that I have the quality of life that I want in the present as well as to put in place the foundations for the type of life I want in the future. What do I want to continue, start, stop or improve?
Some research, see reference below, indicates that the key pillars of a good and healthy life are:
· Relationships (including self)
For me I would also add
· A mindfulness practice
· A sense of purpose & meaning
· Learning and growth
And I’m sure there are more to add ;-)
The questions that I asked myself, and that you may want to ask yourself are:
· What are the things that keep me healthy – physically, mentally and socially?
· What do I want my life to look like
o Next year
o In 5 years
· Are there some course corrections that I would like to make, both for my current and future self?
· What will support me to create new habits or stop old unhealthy habits?
Wishing you a wonderful 2024 and beyond